Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Making More Hours In My Day!!!

I have been trying for the past few days to come up with a work schedule and some type of system to organize my millions of pieces of papers called notes,to do list,ideas,etc. that I have everywhere. What I am doing now is not working for me.

I am trying to figure out a system that will make life a little easier for me. I needed something to keep everything together in one place. So I designed a form that I can jot a whole week on, I hope this will work out. It's in the testing stage right now, I may need to tweak it till I get it right.

Well going over my emails today I received this email Do You Have it in You? Business Realities Part Two Lisa talks about having structure in your business by having a defined workday. I also ran across an article "Work Smarter Not Harder" where Alice also explains that by having a structured work day you will get more work done. The reason is you have x amount of hours to get all your work done, so you work faster and stay focused on your work and nothing else.

It all makes sense, where I don't have defined work hours so I tend to get distracted and seem to take longer getting things done. I figure I am going to be here all day and night so I have no reason to rush.

If I have a quitting time where I can actually close down shop, well that really sounds great to me!!! I may actually get More Hours In My Day!

So I am setting up work hours for myself and see how it goes, I may need to tweak them till I find what works for me.

What are your struggles? I would like to hear them, if you have found something that is working for you would you share it with me? I would love to hear your suggestions.

Do you have defined work hours? What type of organizing system do you use?


Well off to start my work day, thanks for listening,

Rosalie

No comments: